Sunday, February 15, 2009

New FanFiction Contest!


I am so happy to announce our SECOND TWILIGHT FANFICTION CONTEST!

This is a SongFic Contest. I will be assigning you a song to work with.

~~JUST TO CLARIFY: THIS CONTEST IS A FANFICTION CONTEST. YOU WRITE A FANFICTION BASED ON A SONG.~~

RULES:

1. In order to participate, and BEFORE YOU BEGIN WRITING: e-mail me at pltcontest@gmail.com with SongFic Contest Request in the subject line. In the message of the e-mail, include:
  • Explicit song/ not explicit/ no preference (explicit could simply mean a song includes profanity, or it could mean there are sexual references in the song)
  • Preferred genre of song if any
2. I will send you a song, along with lyrics, with which you will write your songfic. If you really are not finding any inspiration from the first song I send you, let me know and I will send you one more. If you still do not like the song, I will send you a final song. You must use one of these songs for you fanfiction.

3. Write a fanfiction based upon your song and lyrics of at least 1000 words.

4. It may be a one-shot or a multi-chaptered story.

5. Unfinished fics are allowed, but at least one full chapter must be completed and the word count must be at least 1000 words.

6. Titling your songfic with the title of the song is encouraged.

7. Any rating.

8. Fanfics will be judged on:
  • correspondence with song/lyrics of song
  • writing quality
  • creativity within song
9. Using actual lyrics of song in fic is permitted if you use quotes and cite the song and artist somewhere in or at the end of the fic.

10. Send your entry to pltcontest@gmail.com with SongFic Contest Entry in the subject line before midnight March 8, 2009. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 20TH!

Include:
  • Your name
  • Your penname on FanFiction and/or Twilighted if you have one
  • Song I chose for you (Title and Artist) along with lyrics
  • Rating of story (G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17). If you are unsure of the rating, tell me in the e-mail and I will assign it the appropriate rating.
  • Story (in message or attached in a Word document)
11. Contact me if you have any questions at peacelovetwilight@gmail.com!

Prizes to be announced, but I will definitely have personalized banners for the first, second, and third place winners!

3 comments:

  1. This is a REALLY cool idea. :) I'm glad TST posted about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I'm too late T_T i just found this tonight!
    aww this sounded soooo fun T_T
    i'm so sad i missed it.
    please get another contest up soon?!?
    (or if you still don't have enough entries, extend the deadline again??? (if it's too much to ask, i understand))
    ~Natilie Sawada
    Please email me with any changes to this contest or a new contest?
    jasper_holic@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i'm so excited to see who wins!!! when are you guys gonna annnounce the winners!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Don't leave me hangin'!

Vote For Us!

Twilight Poison TopsiteMy Topsites ListTwilightMania.com Elite TopsiteTop Twilight BlogsHier gehts zur ToplistePage Rank CheckerEntertainmentTop BlogsPeace. Love. Twilight! at BloggedA friendly, fresh, fierce blog with all of your latest Twilight news. Frequently updated with new Twilight-y features.Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa's Sweet Melody kit.