Thursday, April 16, 2009

Carter Burwell Not Returning for New Moon?!! :(


Carter Burwell, the composer who wrote the breathtaking score to Twilight the movie (all that pretty music you hear in the background, including Bella's Lullaby), will not be composing the score to New Moon! :(

As I understand it, the director of New Moon, Chris Weitz, has hired Alexandre Desplat to composer the music for the film. Desplat composed the music for Weitz' earlier film The Golden Compass. I don't know if they'll use any of my themes from Twilight, such as "Bella's Lullaby".

This was posted on Carter's website, which also includes a lot of cool info from him. Check it out here.

Here's Alexandre Desplat, Carter's replacement:

Check out Alexandre's website here.

I am really saddened to hear this. Carter really has a knack for these heart-wrenchingly beautiful pieces that fit Bella and Edward's relationship so perfectly. A lot of them almost brought me to tears the first time I heard them. Although I'm sure Alexandre Desplat is a wonderful composer, I have seen "The Golden Compass" and the score did not strike me as particularly lovely. I hope to be proven wrong, but I unfortunately feel like it was a mistake on the part of Chris Weitz to hire someone else for this. Bella's Lullaby was...well, it definitely felt right. (Hear me play it on the piano here). In fact, if I have time, I may be posting an editorial about this, because if you think about it, the tone of the music changes the entire film. I don't know that anyone could replace the magnificent work that Carter Burwell has done for Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave me hangin'!

Vote For Us!

Twilight Poison TopsiteMy Topsites ListTwilightMania.com Elite TopsiteTop Twilight BlogsHier gehts zur ToplistePage Rank CheckerEntertainmentTop BlogsPeace. Love. Twilight! at BloggedA friendly, fresh, fierce blog with all of your latest Twilight news. Frequently updated with new Twilight-y features.Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa's Sweet Melody kit.