Monday, June 8, 2009

Will New Moon/The Twilight Saga suffer media fatigue?

I saw this very interesting article on The Deadbolt. I've been wondering this myself. This is what The Deadbolt had to say:

Is more always better? At times, it is. What about that age old saying, too much of a good thing can be harmful? Before I get going on a New Moon subject that continues to fascinate me by the minute, I have to say that I'm not a Twilight hater at all. I'm a big fan of the Stephenie Meyer penned saga. If you look around here and find the Twilight related articles that I've written on New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn, each will show how I love to look at Twilight and New Moon from many different angles. In fact, I believe The Twilight Saga has a lot of positive messages that fans of all ages are connecting with on many levels, which feel welcome after so much turmoil and social stress in recent years. At the same time, I also believe there’s a point with a popular property where too much of anything can sometimes cause fatigue.

More here.

Seriously, some of you may brush this off and laugh that it's not possible, but I think we're underestimating the power of *those who think themselves above Twilight*. A lot of people I know were complaining about Twilight's domination at the MTV Movie Awards, and saying that the whole thing was rigged. Who knows, maybe cranky Harry Potter fans (hey, I'm one too!) will start a rebellion. Or even we, the ever-faithful fans, may grow tired of hearing that Rob is "now in New York" or that "a new artist has been announced for the New Moon soundtrack". I have to admit, I have spells of this sometimes. But I shall never stop blogging for you! (Hopefully.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave me hangin'!

Vote For Us!

Twilight Poison TopsiteMy Topsites ListTwilightMania.com Elite TopsiteTop Twilight BlogsHier gehts zur ToplistePage Rank CheckerEntertainmentTop BlogsPeace. Love. Twilight! at BloggedA friendly, fresh, fierce blog with all of your latest Twilight news. Frequently updated with new Twilight-y features.Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa's Sweet Melody kit.