Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Real Men Read (And Love) Twilight- Really.

First of all, I am rolling on the floor dying of laughter. Seriously, Brad Meltzer is my new idol.

Who is he, you ask?





Mini Bio:
Brad Meltzer grew up on the fifth floor of an apartment building in Brooklyn. When he was 12 years old, he used to throw ice cubes out the window at all the girls he liked. He is the author of The Book of Lies.


Today I was searching for who-knows-what and found this absolutely hilarious piece from NPR's All Things Considered, May of 2009. Don't worry, it's timeless.

ATC was doing a series called "My Guilty Pleasure", a 'new series in which writers talk about the books they've loved only secretly- until now.'




Moving on...

So this guy Brad Meltzer. His personal guilty pleasure is, of course, our very own Twilight. And he should be applauded for revealing his dirty little secret to the world, especially considering all the nasty comments he got about it. *rawr*

An excerpt from the story:

"...let me say to you as a meat-eating, Entourage-watching, SPORTS-LOVING (OK, I really don't love sports, or actually understand sports) — heterosexual man who can't sit through a single show on Lifetime television, let me loudly proclaim: I, Brad Meltzer, love the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.

Now this is the part where I'm supposed to make an intellectual disclaimer like: I don't really love it, but I appreciate it for what it is.

But let me be clear here. I LOVE IT. I love Twilight. I love BELLA, and I love EDWARD."


AMEN!

"I love this story of the gawky, awkward girl who falls in love with the brooding vampire. And I love that she can't get sexual with said vampire because when her blood gets pumping, it'll send him into a frenzy and he'll kill her. (How's that for a prophylactic?)

I love hearing the dark secret histories of how the other vampires were turned into vampires. And I love when Edward gets all huffy with Jacob the werewolfoh my God, I'm on the verge of writing fan-fic here — but again, in case you missed it, I love this story."


You go, girl! Er...man!

Read the entire piece and/or listen to it here.

1 comment:

Don't leave me hangin'!

Vote For Us!

Twilight Poison TopsiteMy Topsites ListTwilightMania.com Elite TopsiteTop Twilight BlogsHier gehts zur ToplistePage Rank CheckerEntertainmentTop BlogsPeace. Love. Twilight! at BloggedA friendly, fresh, fierce blog with all of your latest Twilight news. Frequently updated with new Twilight-y features.Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa's Sweet Melody kit.